Re: plperl.dll on windows with postgresql 9.0.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Fitzpatrick
Subject Re: plperl.dll on windows with postgresql 9.0.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2/8/2011 12:03 PM, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> On 2/8/2011 11:58 AM, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
>> could not load library “C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/lib/plperl.dll”:
>> The specified module could not be found. SQL state: 58P01
>
> Sorry the correct error I am getting is...
>
> could not load library “C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.0/lib/plperl.dll”:
>> The specified module could not be found. SQL state: 58P01
>
> The previous was copied from a post found on the net when searching for
> solutions.

Finally found the solution to this issue, it seems PostgreSQL is looking
for perl510.dll, or earlier perhaps...

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4129479/strawberry-perl-5-12-as-postgresql-9-0s-plperl-on-win32

I also renamed my ActivePerl library from perl512.dll and perl510.dll to
solve. Does this mean I may run into issues with the new Perl? I also
tried 5.8.x and could not get plperl.dll installed with same error.
--
Robert <robert@webtent.org>