Re: general hardware advice - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Linos
Subject Re: general hardware advice
Date
List pgsql-performance
El 06/02/11 20:24, Pierre C escribió:
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 19:16:23 +0100, Linos <info@linos.es> wrote:
>
>> I am searching what would be the best hardware combination to a new server i
>> have to install, the new server will have a Postgresql 9.0 with a database of
>> about 10gb, the database part it is not the problem for me, in this size
>> almost, the part where i am a bit lost is that i have to share from the same
>> server about 20TB of data with samba or ISCSI (i have to test both ways to
>> share when i have the hardware) because this is to be the file-server of 8
>> Avid video workstations.
>
> What is the expected load on the postgresql instance ?
>
> Also, for multiple high throughput concurrent streams (as in AVID), filesystem
> choice is critical.

The load for the Postgresql instance it is to be low, maybe 5 or 6 simultaneous
clients with a oltp application, but it is database intensive only when
reporting not in the usual work.

About the filesystem i was thinking to use xfs, i think would be the best for
this use-case in Linux, any advice on this please?

Regards,
Miguel Angel.