Re: PostgreSQL 9.0.3 - collate/ctype order by hu_HU.UTF8 is not correct sorting - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam PAPAI
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.0.3 - collate/ctype order by hu_HU.UTF8 is not correct sorting
Date
List pgsql-general
Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 2011/2/5 Adam PAPAI <adam.papai@bsdsupportservice.hu>:

> your system locales is correct? PostgreSQL uses only system libs

I've tested it with a fresh 8.4 and 9.0.

It's the same.

My FreeBSD 8.1 supports hu_HU.UTF-8, but I don't know why it's not working.

initdb output:

[root@titanium /usr/home/wooh]# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/postgresql initdb
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "pgsql".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale hu_HU.UTF-8.
The default text search configuration will be set to "hungarian".

creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 40
selecting default shared_buffers ... 28MB
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1 ... ok
initializing pg_authid ... ok
initializing dependencies ... ok
creating system views ... ok
creating conversions ... ok
creating dictionaries ... ok
setting privileges on built-in objects ... ok
creating information schema ... ok
vacuuming database template1 ... ok
copying template1 to template0 ... ok
copying template1 to postgres ... ok

Perhaps the new FreeBSD 8.1 does something wrong. I'm gonna check it on
7.0/7.1/7.2.

--
Adam PAPAI
BSD Support Service