plperl.dll on windows with postgresql 9.0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Fitzpatrick
Subject plperl.dll on windows with postgresql 9.0
Date
List pgsql-general
I am upgrading a Windows install for a client of mine from 8.2.x to
9.0.3 and understand the pginstaller does not provide plperl for this
version. ActivePerl 5.8 was already installed and after uninstalling 8.2
and installing 9.0.3, there is no plperl.dll in the lib folder. I
thought this was due to the older version, so I uninstall Postgres and
ActivePerl, restarted, downloaded and installed latest ActivePerl 5.12,
restarted and re-installed Postgres to still not find the dll. How do I
get the lib to install? I did a google and find perhaps 5.12 does not
work (at least during beta)?

> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/BUG-5601-cannot-create-language-plperl-td2264970.html

Can someone help with how to get plperl module installed or confirm the
version required? I am installing on Windows 2003 server. Unfortunately
I never installed Postgres on Windows prior to the pginstaller. Is there
a plperl package that I need to install similar to Unix?

Thanks.
--
Robert <robert@webtent.org>