Re: REVIEW: Determining client_encoding from client locale - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: REVIEW: Determining client_encoding from client locale
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 29.01.2011 19:23, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> >  Also, do we really need a new set of states for this..?  I would have
>> >  thought, just reading through the patch, that we could use the existing
>> >  OPTION_SEND/OPTION_WAIT states..
> Don't know.  Maybe Heikki could comment; he wrote that initially.

The other options send by the OPTION_SEND/WAIT machinery come from
environment variables, there's a getenv() call where the
SETENV_STATE_OPTION_SEND state is handled. It would be a bit awkward to
shoehorn client_encoding into that.