Re: pg_upgrade fails for non-postgres user - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: pg_upgrade fails for non-postgres user
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> When that was fixed, I realized the psql command to create the
> datanbases connect to database "template1" only to immediately switch
> to database "postgres", which also seems rather pointless.
>
> Attach patch makes it connect to the "postgres" database instead of
> $USER, and then also changes the psql command to actually use it.

Hmmmm ... shouldn't we connect to template1?  The database "postgres" is
reasonably likely to be dropped, whereas template1 doesn't get touched
usually.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com