Re: FW: Queries becoming slow under heavy load - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mladen Gogala
Subject Re: FW: Queries becoming slow under heavy load
Date
List pgsql-performance
Shaun Thomas wrote:
> On 01/27/2011 11:12 PM, Anne Rosset wrote:
>

>> Thanks for your response.
>> We are over NFS for our storage ...
>>

> NFS? I'm not sure you know this, but NFS has major locking issues
> that would make it a terrible candidate for hosting a database.

That depends on the implementation. Vendor supported NAS, running NFS3
or NFS4 should be OK. There are other databases that can use it, too.
Some databases even have a built-in NFS client.

--

Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA