Re: REVIEW: Extensions support for pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Anssi Kääriäinen
Subject Re: REVIEW: Extensions support for pg_dump
Date
Re: REVIEW: Extensions support for pg_dump  (Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/18/2011 11:42 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> I've fixed the case by having the code remember the function's extension
> if any, and restore it along with the other dependencies.
The only question here is should CREATE OR REPLACE be allowed. I just
realized this could present a new problem. If I am not mistaken, when
the one you defined in CREATE OR REPLACE. If this is the case, this
should NOT be allowed. And by the same reasoning, ALTER FUNCTION
[anything] should not be allowed either. Or at least then the
function/(or any object for that matter) should be restored somehow from
the backup, not from the extension files.

I still haven't had the time to start pg_dump reviewing, so I haven't
verified if this is really a problem. But I suspect so...
 - Anssi