Re: replication and pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: replication and pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> In 9.0, we specifically require using "replication" as database name
> to start a replication session. In 9.1 we will have the REPLICATION
> attribute to a role - should we change it so that "all" in database
> includes replication connections? It certainly goes in the "principle
> of least surprise" path..

+1.  It'll eliminate an entire file to edit for replication setup, so
does a lot to make initial replication setup easier.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com