Re: Allowing multiple concurrent base backups - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Allowing multiple concurrent base backups
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/13/11 12:11 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> That's going to depend on the situation.  If the database fits in
> memory, then it's just going to work.  If it fits on disk, it's less
> obvious whether it'll be good or bad, but an arbitrary limitation here
> doesn't serve us well.

FWIW, if we had this feature right now in 9.0 we (PGX) would be using
it.  We run into the case of DB in memory, multiple slaves fairly often
these days.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com