Re: Re: new patch of MERGE (merge_204) & a question about duplicated ctid - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Re: new patch of MERGE (merge_204) & a question about duplicated ctid
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:4D22B8800200002500038F93@gw.wicourts.gov" type="cite"><pre wrap="">Greg
in
How would you handle or document behavior in REPEATABLE READ
isolation?  The lock doesn't do much good unless you acquire it
implementation? I haven't gotten to thinking about this part just yet--am still assimilating toward a next move after
thepleasant surprise that this is actually working to some degree now.  You're right that turning the high-level idea
of"just lock the table" actually has to be mapped into exact snapshot mechanics and pitfalls before moving in that
directionwill get very far.  I'm probably not the right person to answer just exactly how feasibile that is this week

Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:greg@2ndQuadrant.com">greg@2ndQuadrant.com</a>  Baltimore, MD

PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support        <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.2ndQuadrant.us">www.2ndQuadrant.us</a>
"PostgreSQL 9.0 High Performance": <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books">http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books</a>
</pre>