Re: Re: pg v. 8.4.5 misses objects and data after restoring from backup using wal - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Re: pg v. 8.4.5 misses objects and data after restoring from backup using wal
Date
List pgsql-admin
Imre Oolberg <imre@auul.pri.ee> wrote:

> I am starting to think more in the direction what Kevin Grittner
> suggested that i miss something in my procedure and instead
> following so to say recovery path i am doing something else which
> strangely ends up with working database process but actually
> misses some data.

Did you keep the pg_xlog/archive_status directory and its *.backup
files?

It sounds like maybe it's not finding the recovery.conf file.  Are
the permissions right?  Do you have spaces or other special
characters in the directory path to your cluster data directory?  (I
notice you didn't use quoting around the path.)

Did you delete (or avoid copying) the postmaster.pid file?

Making sure to start with an empty log file and/or directory
(depending on how you log), what shows up in the log on your
recovery attempt?

-Kevin