Re: management of large patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: management of large patches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2011/01/02 14:32), Robert Haas wrote:
> We're coming the end of the 9.1 development cycle, and I think that
> there is a serious danger of insufficient bandwidth to handle the
> large patches we have outstanding.  For my part, I am hoping to find
> the bandwidth to two, MAYBE three major commits between now and the
> end of 9.1CF4, but I am not positive that I will be able to find even
> that much time, and the number of major patches vying for attention is
> considerably greater than that.  Quick estimate:
>  :
> - SE-Linux integration

How about feasibility to commit this 3KL patch in the last 45 days?

At least, the idea of security provider enables us to maintain a set
of hooks and logic to make access control decision independently.
I'm available to provide a set of sources for this module at
git.postgresql.org, so we can always obtain a working module from here.
The worst scenario for us is nothing were progressed in spite of
large man-power to review and discuss.

It may be more productive to keep features to be committed on the
last CF as small as possible, such as hooks to support a part of DDL
permissions or pg_regress enhancement to run regression test.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>