Re: query stuck at SOCK_wait_for_ready function call - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: query stuck at SOCK_wait_for_ready function call
Date
List pgsql-general
On 30/12/2010 10:28, tamanna madaan wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am using postgres-8.1.2 and have been using psqlodbc-08.03.0200 driver to connect

I'd imagine you're going to get a *flood* of responses saying this, but
here goes anyway - the version of Postgres you're using is VERY old, and
missing 21 sets of bug fixes; the 8.1 branch is up to 8.1.23. In fact,
to my knowledge the entire 8.1 branch is end-of-life; certainly on
Windows anyway.

I can't shed any light on your problem, but you should certainly upgrade
if you can, as there's a fair chance that your problem might arise from
a bug fixed in a later version.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland