Re: directory of pg freelancers - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: directory of pg freelancers
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Dne 11.12.2010 13:04, Jean-Christophe Arnu napsal(a):
> Le samedi 11 décembre 2010 à 03:13 +0100, tv@fuzzy.cz a écrit :
>
>>> Oh, and just because it's a PostgreSQL site ... you'd need to use
>>> PostGIS/Openlayers instead of Google Maps.  EYODF, you know?  ;-)
>>
>> OK, and just for fun - let's use PostgreSQL 7.4, which was just reached
>> EOL. ;-)
>>
>> I didn't know about Openlayers - thanks, it seems very nice (although it
>> lacks some very important features - e.g. a geocoding support).
> Hi,
> maybe an interesting thing is to use OpenLayers + OpenStreeMap (maps) +
> PostGis for professional adresses :)

Nice, OSM actually have even some geocoding support.

The reason why I want to use Google Maps is that I know it well so I'm
able to build the site within days. I have just very basic knowledge of
PostGIS/OpenLayers/OpenStreetMap, so it would take a lot of time. And
that's not something I want at the beginning, when it's not clear how
useful this directory will be.

But lets talk about the idea, not the technologies ...

regards
Tomas