Re: ALTER EXTENSION ... UPGRADE; - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: ALTER EXTENSION ... UPGRADE;
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 12/10/2010 03:24 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Also, once extensions and pgxn are operating full swing, I see contrib
> going away anyway ...

We've heard this before, but I'm still quite skeptical about it. Quite
apart from anything else we should keep enough extensions in core to
test the extension mechanism, as well as to provide examples as part of
the base distribution. Some (e.g. hstore and citext) should probably
move into core. Others like pgcrypto are probably in just the right
place as they are.

cheers

andrew