Re: BUG #5787: Privileges to start system services - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: BUG #5787: Privileges to start system services
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Amrani" <sadavir@hotmail.fr> wrote:

> I download poker tracker 3 and I can not install PostgreSQL 8.3
> I have the error message :
> Service 'PostgreSQL' Database Server 8.3 [pgsql-8.3] failed to
> start. Verify that you have privileges to start system services.

This sounds like it is most likely a problem with the poker tracker
installation software, so you will probably get a better and faster
resolution by contacting them.  It's quite likely that nobody who
tracks this list will have seen the problem installation code.

-Kevin