Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mladen Gogala
Subject Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow
Date
List pgsql-performance
Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Mladen Gogala <mladen.gogala@vmsinfo.com> wrote:
>

> Been there, done that.  Not only was performance quite poor compared
> to Linux, but reliability and staff time to manage things suffered
> in comparison to Linux.

I must say that I am quite impressed with Windows 7 servers, especially
64 bit version. Unfortunately, I don't have any PostgreSQL instances on
those, but Exchange works very, very well. Also, personal impressions
from clicking and running office applications are quite good. Don't get
me wrong, I am an old Unix/Linux hack and I would like nothing better
but to see Linux succeed, but I don't like
what I see.

--

Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA