Re: pg_standby error - can't find 00000001.history - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eric Soroos
Subject Re: pg_standby error - can't find 00000001.history
Date
List pgsql-general

>> 2) What file is not found?  It sorta looks like the pg_standby
>> binary, but I'm not sure that I believe that.
>
> Permissions problems on some containing directory, perhaps?

It's the same directory as the postgresql binaries, and they all have
sane
permissions.  (root:root, 755).  Ls finds it, more finds it but
complains
as it's a binary.  (all run as the postgres user)

The only think that I can think is that somehow the shell is
considering it
a corrupted shebang, and can't fine the corrupted path to execute.

I've pulled in the packaged 8.3 binaries for this distro, and it appears
that the pg_standby in that package is working properly.

thanks,

eric