Re: improved parallel make support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject Re: improved parallel make support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

> Thanks - installed.
>
>> As a matter of policy, I do not want to drop support for a FOSS build tool
>> chain on Windows if at all avoidable.
>
> Nor I, however I only have limited time to dedicate to that goal.

One thing to think about is that since PostGIS uses MingW/PGXS on
Windows, we use MingW builds in order to generate the Makefiles we need
(there is no native MSVC build for Windows). Not being able to do this
would cause us great inconvenience :(

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS