Re: Considering Solid State Drives - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Siebert
Subject Re: Considering Solid State Drives
Date
List pgsql-general
ZFS has an option to use an SSD as cache for the spinning drives. ZFS
under Solaris has turned in some really good IO numbers. The problem is
with the new Sun I am not feeling so good about the open nature of
Solaris. ZFS performance under BSD I have read does not match ZFS under
Solaris.