Re: Failover on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Norberto Delle
Subject Re: Failover on Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
Em 1/11/2010 09:00, Fujii Masao escreveu:
> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Norberto Delle<betodelle@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I'm testing a warm standby setup using PostgreSQL 9 x64 on Windows 2008 R2.
> What command (pg_standby? cp?) is supplied in restore_command for warm-standby?
> Or you are testing streaming replication + hot standby?
>
>> The problem is that when I put the trigger file on the location specified in
>> the parameter
>> 'trigger_file' of the recovery.conf, nothing happens. No log entries, the
>> recovery just continues
>> as if nothing has happened.
>> Any clues of what may be wrong?
> At least if you use pg_standby, you have to create the trigger file on
> the location
> specified in -t option of pg_standby.
>
> Regards,

Hi Masao

Yes, I'm using pg_standby in the restore_command. I thought that to specify
a trigger_file in the recovery.conf file would be enough to be able to
stop the recovery process.
So, I ignored the -t option of the pg_standby. By specifying it, now I'm
able to stop the recovery process.

Thanks for your help.

Norberto