Re: BBU Cache vs. spindles - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: BBU Cache vs. spindles
Date
List pgsql-performance
> Even if it's possible, it's far from clear to me that it would be an
> improvement.  The author estimates (apparently somewhat loosely)
> that it's a 5% to 10% performance hit in InnoDB; I'm far from
> certain that full_page_writes cost us that much.  Does anyone have
> benchmark numbers handy?

It most certainly can, depending on your CPU saturation and I/O support.
   I've seen a 10% improvement in througput time from turning off
full_page_writes on some machines, such as when we were doing the
SpecJAppserver benchmarks on Solaris.

--
                                   -- Josh Berkus
                                      PostgreSQL Experts Inc.