Re: installing from source in Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: installing from source in Windows
Date
Re: installing from source in Windows  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Turner, John J wrote:
> I'm reluctant at this point to wipe out my MinGW and MSYS and start from
> scratch with Windows SDK and/or VS-ee...

Well, you should probably get over that, because all of the official
builds of 9.0 don't really care about supporting MinGW anymore.  See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/install-windows.html for
notes on this.  I wouldn't be surprised to find the capability to build
with MinGW is broken in various ways now, because it doesn't get tested
anymore that I'm aware of.  I gave up on that toolchain the minute the
newer Visual Studio alternative was available, and tossing out MinGW for
this purpose has been nothing but an improvement for me.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg@2ndQuadrant.com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support  www.2ndQuadrant.us