Re: large dataset with write vs read clients - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mladen Gogala
Subject Re: large dataset with write vs read clients
Date
List pgsql-performance
  On 10/10/2010 2:43 AM, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Some of the other flavours of non-SQL databases, both those that've been
> around forever (PICK/UniVerse/etc, Berkeley DB, Cache, etc) and those
> that're new and fashionable Cassandra, CouchDB, etc, provide some ACID
> properties anyway. If you don't need/want an SQL interface to your
> database you don't have to throw out all that other database-y goodness
> if you haven't been drinking too much of the NoSQL kool-aid.
This is a terrible misunderstanding. You haven't taken a look at that
Youtube clip I sent you, have you? I am an Oracle DBA, first and
foremost, disturbing the peace since 1989. I haven't been drinking the
NoSQL kool-aid at all.
I was simply being facetious. ACID rules are business rules and I am
bitterly opposed to relaxing them. BTW, my favorite drink is Sam Adams Ale.

--
Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA