Re: Issues with Quorum Commit - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Issues with Quorum Commit
Date
List pgsql-hackers
All,

> Establishing an affinity between a session and one of the database
> servers will only help if the traffic is strictly read-only.

I think this thread has drifted very far away from anything we're going
to do for 9.1.  And seems to have little to do with synchronous replication.

Synch rep ensures durability.  It is not, by itself, a method of
ensuring consistency, nor does it pretend to be one.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com