Re: Validade dump file - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Validade dump file
Date
List pgsql-admin
Willy-Bas Loos <willybas@gmail.com> wrote:

> any idea for the number of tuples?

Your best bet would be to use whatever scripting language you like
which has decent support for regular expressions.  Expect to tweak
your expressions a bit as you discover the corner cases where you're
not getting the count you expect.

> on a side note: what's the difference between the admin list and
> the general list?

This thread is OK on admin -- which is targeted toward operational
issues.  If in doubt, general can include just about anything.  It
gets traffic about equal to all the more specific lists combined, so
it's a bit much for some of us to follow.  Some people (like me) who
can't absorb the volume of traffic on general follow a few more
specialized lists where we feel we're best able to help.  If
discussion on one list dies out without a satisfactory resolution,
it's OK to try another likely-looking list -- particularly if
there's no further repsonse on the initial list for a few days.
While there's a fair amount of overlap, you will get a somewhat
different set of people tracking each list.

-Kevin