Re: [BUGS] Mapping Hibernate boolean to smallint(Postgresql) - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: [BUGS] Mapping Hibernate boolean to smallint(Postgresql)
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
stagirus wrote:
> Oliver should be a lawyer by nature! In my opinion Software is about solving
> problems! I carefully read many of your writings on this/related topics.
>
> I respectfully disagree with your interpretations and conclusions. You seem
> to be more interested in proving somebody is WRONG rather than being open to
> truly understand the issues at hand and discovering helpful solutions.
> Anybody can prove anything is wrong. For one to understand and admit the
> limitations/weaknesses requires one to be very brave and mature.

Well - I've tried to explain why the driver is behaving as it is, why I
believe that is the correct behavior according to the spec, and why it's
difficult for the driver to behave in any other way. I've even suggested
ways you can modify your software to do what you want. I'm not sure what
more I can do here.

Since it seems that you're not prepared to change your application, and
you're not prepared to listen to feedback that disagrees with you, I
think your only real option is to modify the driver to behave as you
think it should, and post that patch for review. The source is available
- go and prove that you're right!

(And I'm certainly not getting into passive-aggressive games about how I
am a terrible person because I disagreed with you)

-O