Re: Help - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Help
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le 29/09/2010 18:46, Larry Partridge a écrit :
> I have never contacted you before but desparately now find myself needing
> your help. We have a small debt collection business with an Access front end
> and Postgre SQL 8.3.
>
> I am getting an error on my front end and cannot seem to fix it. My
> technical skills are very basic. Our db was set up by a third party who is
> no longer available.
>
> The error I am getting is:
>
> *ODBC - update on a linked table 'tbldebtormaster' failed.
>
> Error: Could not read block 0 of relation 1663/157545/289002; read only 0 of
> 8192 bytes;
> Error while executing the query (#7)*
>
> Can you help?

It seems one (at least) of your database files disappeared. This is not
good at all. Without more info, the best you can do is restore a backup.

Whatever you do, be extra careful.

> Can you recommend someone who could help and also provide ongoing support.
> Our office is in Burlington, Ontario, Canada
> Toll free 1-800-661-3915

Nope, sorry. Perhaps others know someone in Canada who could help you.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com