Re: Not quite there yet - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Mladen Gogala
Subject Re: Not quite there yet
Date
Re: Not quite there yet  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-novice
Tom Lane wrote:
> Mladen Gogala <mladen.gogala@vmsinfo.com> writes:
>
>> Apparently, you're right, this is a version problem. This is a plain
>> vanilla CentOS 5.5 system. I can't just install the RPM packages because
>> my  old database will be destroyed and I don't want that. Do you know
>> which system was this installer built on and which version of Perl does
>> it expect?
>>

> No, I don't :-(.  You'd have to ask the EDB people that.  I thought that
> their download page documented which platforms they expect their
> installer to work on, though.
>
>             regards, tom lane

I tried building it from the source, but pg_upgrade is not included in
the source. I believe that this is really a RC2, rushed to production
status for some reason. This is by no means a production quality release.

--

Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA