Re: Column width - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Column width
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le 16/09/2010 09:25, Peter Evens a écrit :
> Here more details:
> -i'm using pgAdmin III and it (for the width in the column) is in the
> edit table and also for in the query tool data output

AFAICT, pgAdmin query tool and edit grid keep the size of the columns
during all the time the same object is viewed/query is executed.

I mean this. If I open the edit grid with table t1, and that I resize
some columns, I can reload the data as many times as I want, columns
will still have my custom widths. If I quit the edit grid and that I
reopen it on the same window, it will have lost my custom widths for
columns. It would be quite hard to make it remember that. And much
harder for the query tool.

> -another question, i have make with graphical query builder a query, run
> and save it.
> Later on i open it again but how can i see my graphical query again, i
> only see my sql instructions or my explain function.

You can't. There is no way right now that we build the graphical query
from a textual one.

> -where can i see all my querys, is that not like the tables in a list?

All your queries are recorded in the history tab. It doesn't survive the
session. With 1.12 (which will be released in a few days), you will also
have a combobox with your X last queries.

> -is ther a good manual (in pdf file or so) using pgAdmin III, i have
> seen the help pages but there is not all written.

There's no better manual than the help pages you've already read. This
is something we want to work on but still didn't find the time to.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com