Re: FC13 RPMs for 9.0 - on postgresql.org ftp, but not in yum repo? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: FC13 RPMs for 9.0 - on postgresql.org ftp, but not in yum repo?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/09/10 14:22, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-09-05 at 21:15 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
>>
>> I've been thinking of switching from using git builds of 9.0 to the
>> RC
>> now that it's out, so I can do some testing on the proposed release
>> packaging.
>>
>> It seems that the FC13 PGDG RPMs appear here:
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v9.0rc1/linux/rpms/fedora/fedora-13-x86_64/
>>
>> but not in the Yum repo on pgsqlrpms.org:
>>
>> http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/9.0/fedora/
>
> The packages in FTP site are here:
>
> http://yum.pgrpms.org

Good to know, thanks. Perhaps the PostgreSQL download page needs to be
updated? Currently:

  http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux

has a "CentOS, Fedora and RHEL Yum Repository" that links to:

  https://public.commandprompt.com/projects/pgcore/wiki/

which appears to use yum.pgsqlrpms.org not yum.pgrpms.org . The direct
download link uses yum.pgsqlrpms.org and the config rpms contain yum
repos.d files with:

baseurl=http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/9.0/fedora/fedora-$releasever-$basearch

... so if yum.pgrpms.org is the new official host, the download page
needs updating to refer to the new host.

--
Craig Ringer

Tech-related writing: http://soapyfrogs.blogspot.com/