Re: Performance on new 64bit server compared to my 32bit desktop - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Performance on new 64bit server compared to my 32bit desktop
Date
List pgsql-performance
Greg Smith wrote:
> He's been seeing >75GB/s of aggregate memory bandwidth out of that
> monster--using gcc, so even at a disadvantage compared to the Intel
> one used for that report.

On second read this was confusing.  The best STREAM results from using
the Intel compiler on Linux.  The ones I've been doing and that Scott
has been running are using regular gcc instead.  So when the new AMD
system is clearing 75MB/s in the little test set I'm trying to get
automated, that's actually a conservative figure, given that a compiler
swap is almost guaranteed to boost results a bit too.