Re: security label support, part.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: security label support, part.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2010/08/17 13:28), Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On tis, 2010-08-17 at 13:00 +0900, KaiGai Kohei wrote:
>> However, isn't it strange if we stand on the perspective that child
>> table is a part of parent object? It means an object have multiple
>> properties depending on the context.
>
> Such is the nature of inheritance, isn't it?

Yep, it will return different set of user data depending on the table
queried, when we reference either parent or child table.
But it seems to me too stretch interpretation to apply this behavior
on metadata of the tables also.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>