Re: Win Server 2003: postgres can't logon - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Win Server 2003: postgres can't logon
Date
List pgsql-general

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&ProdVer=5.2&EvtID=533&EvtSrc=Security&LCID=1033

> with the indication that the attempted login was as a service.  The
> authentication is listed as "Negotiate".

That sounds like Group Policy restrictions. You're going to have to get
your IT staff to deal with it, because if the server is an AD domain
member you probably don't have access to the group policy settings, and
even if you do they're hellishly complicated.

If they only used local policy you might be able to fix it up. The tool
you want to edit local policy is "gpedit.msc" (execute via Run dialog).

For more detail on Group Policy editing, see:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736591%28WS.10%29.aspx

--
Craig Ringer