Re: My computer shut down automatically - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: My computer shut down automatically
Date
List pgsql-bugs
<seol-dongin@hti.hitachi-hitec.com> wrote:

> I tried to uninstall Postgresql. But, "data" folder was denied
> to remove.

How?  And how was it installed in the first place?

> When I tried to remove "data" folder in 8.4 folder by force, my
> computer shut down and startup automatically.

Tried to remove it how?

> Can I delete "data" folder?

If you uninstalled PostgreSQL, I don't see that it would be
PostgreSQL stopping you.  In general, PostgreSQL doesn't stop you
anyway, beyond having files open when it's running.

> (When I open the folder, my computer shut down, too)

I've never heard of anything remotely like that.  Have you checked
the Windows logs?  You might also see if anything unusual is
showing up on the process list.

Before posting again, please read this:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

-Kevin