Re: Beta4 release announcement - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Beta4 release announcement
Date
List pgsql-www
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> Hmm, OK.  But the correction didn't really make that clear, did
>> it?
>
> Possibly not, but I'm NOT sending a correction to the correction.
> ;-b
I thought the new announcement did an admirable job of dancing
around the issue:
| (Note: This is a corrected version of yesterday's announcement
| which went out prematurely)
If I had tried and failed to find the download, reading this would
make me think the announcement was "premature" because it went out
before the beta was ready.  If I hadn't tried to find the download,
I might think it was premature because the language wasn't quite
settled yet.
Maximal coverage with minimal embarrassment.  Brilliant!
-Kevin