Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Gerald Fontenay
Subject Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables
Date
Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-performance
> The PostgreSQL partitioning system is aimed to support perhaps a
> hundred inherited tables.  You can expect to get poor performance on
> queries if you create 1000 of them.

Hi,

Why is that you would expect poor performance for say 1000 or more? I
have a ~1000 inherited tables and I don't see any significant slowdowns.
I only ever access a single inherited table at a time though in this
situation. I suppose I am using inheritance only for organization in
this case...

Thanks,
Gerald