Re: Using more tha one index per table - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Using more tha one index per table
Date
Re: Using more tha one index per table  (Craig James <craig_james@emolecules.com>)
Re: Using more tha one index per table  (Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com>)
List pgsql-performance
Craig James wrote:
> By using "current" and encouraging people to link to that, we could
> quickly change the Google pagerank so that a search for Postgres would
> turn up the most-recent version of documentation.

How do you propose to encourage people to do that?  If I had a good
answer to that question, I'd already be executing on it.  I've made a
habit of doing that when writing articles on the wiki, which hopefully
themselves become popular and then elevate those links (all of the ones
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Tuning_Your_PostgreSQL_Server for
example point to current).  I don't know how to target "people who link
to the PostgreSQL manual" beyond raising awareness of the issue
periodically on these lists, like I did on this thread.