Re: Preliminary review of Synchronous Replication patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Preliminary review of Synchronous Replication patches
Date
Re: Preliminary review of Synchronous Replication patches
List pgsql-hackers
Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kevin asked me to do a preliminary review on both synchronous
> replication patches.
Thanks for doing so.
BTW, Yeb has emailed me off-list that he has more specific notes on
both patches, but has run into high priority items on his "day job"
which will prevent him from posting those for another day or two.
> Since both patches overlap in functionality, applying one in core
> means not applying the other. Initially I set out to do a complete
> review of both patches and let the difficult choice of preferring
> one over the other to fellow reviewers. However, for the following
> reasons I believe that patch (A) should probably be withdrawn and
> the review effort continued on (B).
Unless there are objections, I will mark the patch by Zoltán
Böszörményi as Returned with Feedback in a couple days, and ask that
everyone interested in this feature focus on advancing the patch by
Fujii Masao.  Given the scope and importance of this area, I think
we could benefit from another person or two signing on officially as
Reviewers.
-Kevin