Re: 9.0 beta 3 pgbench -- documentation issue - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: 9.0 beta 3 pgbench -- documentation issue
Date
List pgsql-docs
Josh Berkus wrote:
> However, in the documentation the variable :scale is never set,
> resulting in it defaulting to 1.  The example script needs to start with:
>
> \set scale 10

Look at table F-15 "pgbench benchmarking options", specifically the
section for "-s scale_factor".  That describes how the scale is set for
the internal tests, and that you need to set it manually using "-s
<scale>" for custom scripts run using "-f <script>".  My guess is that
covers the situation you ran into here.