Re: SHOW TABLES - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: SHOW TABLES
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Thom Brown wrote:

> Looks like the last time this was discussed, there wasn't any clear
> conclusion.  Someone created a patch and it's still on the TODO list:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-01/msg01845.php

This is not at all what Simon proposed. He wants to make it a backend
command, not a psql command.

I don't have a horse in the race, particularly. If we really want more
utility commands, my preference would be to concentrate on those that
are hard rather than those that could be easily done, e.g. a command
that would give you the SQL necessary to create a given object.

cheers

andrew