Re: partition queries hitting all partitions even though check key is specified - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: partition queries hitting all partitions even though check key is specified
Date
Re: partition queries hitting all partitions even thoughcheck key is specified  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-performance
On 9/2/09 10:05 AM, Kevin Kempter wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 September 2009 09:02:27 Scott Marlowe wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:52 AM, Kevin Kempter<kevink@consistentstate.com>
> wrote:
>>> Hi all;
>>>
>>> I cant figure out why we're scanning all of our partitions.

I don't think extract() is immutable, which would pretty much invalidate
your check constraints as far as CE is concerned.

I suggest feeding the actual numeric values to the check constraints.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.