Bad localization in psql (french version) for Windows - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Antonio Rivas Valle
Subject Bad localization in psql (french version) for Windows
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi

I downloaded PostgreSQL-8.4.4 for Windows (french version) a few days
ago. Starting psql, I got  a warning  related  to a  possible
malfunction  because  of  the  page code  of  the console.  Every
character with accents  was  displayed  in a wrong  way. After trying
without success several allowed encodings, I looked at last in
../share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES and I found that the french part  of :

             psql-8.4.mo, postgres-8.4.mo, pgscripts-8.4.mo

has wrong characters with accents. There are possibly other files
needing correction.

Best regards.

Antonio Rivas Valle