Re: Need help in performance tuning. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jorge Montero
Subject Re: Need help in performance tuning.
Date
List pgsql-performance
If your app is running under Tomcat, connection pooling is extremely easy to set up from there: It has connection pooling mechanisms built in. Request your db connections using said mechanisms, instead of doing it manually, make a couple of changes to server.xml, and the problem goes away. Hundreds, if not thousands of concurrent users might end up running with less than 10 connections.

>>> Harpreet singh Wadhwa <harpreet@openbravo.com> 7/9/2010 3:55 AM >>>
Thanx you all for the replies.
I got a gist on where should I head towards
like I should rely a bit on postgres for performance and rest on my
tomcat and application.
And will try connection pooling on postgres part.

And if I come back for any query (related to this topic) then this
time it will be more precise (with real time data of my testing). ;-)

Regards
haps