Re: performance on new linux box - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Russell Smith
Subject Re: performance on new linux box
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 09/07/10 02:31, Ryan Wexler wrote:
Thanks a lot for all the comments.  The fact that both my windows box and the old linux box both show a massive performance improvement over the new linux box seems to point to hardware to me.  I am not sure how to test the fsync issue, but i don't see how that could be it.

The raid card the server has in it is:
3Ware 4 Port 9650SE-4LPML RAID Card

Looking it up, it seems to indicate that it has BBU

The only other difference between the boxes is the postgresql version.  The new one has 8.4-2 from the yum install instructions on the site:
http://yum.pgrpms.org/reporpms/repoview/pgdg-centos.html

Any more thoughts?
Really dumb idea, you don't happen to have the build of the RPM's that had debug enabled do you?  That resulted in significant performance problem?

Regards

Russell