Re: Two different execution plan for the same request - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Yeb Havinga
Subject Re: Two different execution plan for the same request
Date
List pgsql-performance
JOUANIN Nicolas (44) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've trouble with some SQL request which have different execution
> plans when ran on two different servers. One server is the development
> environment, the othe rone is th pre-production env.
> Both servers run postgreSQL 8.3.0 on Linux and :
>  - both databases contains the same data (pg_dump/pg_restore between
> servers)
>  - instances have the same configuration parameters
>  - vaccum and analyze is run every day.
> The only difference I can see is the hardware. The pre-preoduction
> env. has more RAM, more CPU and a RAID5 disk array through LVM where
> data are stored.
Hello Jouanin,

Could you give some more information following the guidelines from
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions ?

Essential are the contents from both conf files (comments may be removed).

regards,
Yeb Havinga