Re: Postgres on AIX5.3 and AIX6.1 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Postgres on AIX5.3 and AIX6.1
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 06/23/10 6:02 PM, Chris Browne wrote:
> There is already an FAQ on issues relating to AIX. It is, in recent
> versions, part of the documentation tree:
>
> <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/installation-platform-notes.html>

can I take this opportunity to point out a problem on that page?

In "5.8.1.3. Internet address issues", the bit about ..

    # ifconfig lo0 inet6 ::1/0 delete

In 6.1, localhost may fail to come up at all when you next reboot after
you do that. I had to recreate the ipv6 localhost before it would work
correctly.   I haven't investigated any farther.

<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/installation-platform-notes.html>