Re: 9.0: Too many features. Help us choose! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: 9.0: Too many features. Help us choose!
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

"If you were evaluating
> a new database server for your project, which of the following features
> would compel you to evaluate the database further?"  ...and then have
> the survey-taker report which database infrastructure they are most
> familiar with.

I'd need better survey technology to do that, unfortunately.
Suggestions?  Google is limited on question length, and SurveyMonkey is
not useful unless you shell out $$$.

But, point taken.  Absent longer descriptions, surveying -general isn't
going to do much good.  Of the 4 "application developers" who answered
the survey, half their answers were "I don't know what this feature is".

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.