Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement
Date
Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement
List pgsql-advocacy
On 6/18/10 5:42 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 17:22 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> "The PostgreSQL Global Development Team is proud to announce the release
>>> of version 9.0. "
>>>
>>> Maybe "PostgreSQL 9.0" instead of "version 9.0"?
>> Yeah, tried that too, it seemed repetitive.  You don't think so?

Well, one of the things I've thought was the following:

The PostgerSQL Global Development Team is proud to announce the release
of PostgreSQL 9.0, the 31st release of the world's leading open source
relational database system.

... however, that seemed excessively wordy.  No?

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.